The William Hackett second generation SS-L5 Offshore lever hoist is the first lever hoist to get an award from DNVGL. The report verifies that the SS-L5 type lever hoist could be safely used over a 21 day single immersion and a 31 day multi immersion period. As well as this, the SS-L5 is developed in line with:
- BP document DEV-AAD-SS-SD-BP-0545. ‘Specification and compliance requirements for lever hoists used subsea on BP projects’
- IMCA DO28 Rev. 1 ‘Guidance on the use of chain lever hoists in the offshore subsea environment’.
- IMCA Document SEL-019:2007, Guidance for Lifting Operations
The SS-L5 also meets and exceeds the requirements of the following international standards:
British and European Standard BS EN13157: 2004 + AI: 2009
American Standard ASME B30.21-2014
Australian Standard AS 1418.2-1997
South African SANS 1636:2-2007 NORSOK R-002: 2017.
Also, the Hackett offshore lever hoist has an operating temperature range of -40°C to +55°C.
The design and specification of the SS-L5 lever hoist includes:
- WORKING LOAD LIMIT RANGE: 800kg to 10 tonnes.
- LIGHT LOAD CAPABILITY: the SS-L5 is at 2% of the lever hoist rated capacity.
- DABS (DUAL ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM): Enables the chain to adjust in freewheel mode without locking the brake.
- CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN: Minimises contamination to the internal mechanism and brake surfaces.
- STAINLESS STEEL PAWL SPRINGS: secured to reduce risk of damage.
- STAINLESS STEEL FIXINGS: All internal springs are stainless steel. Circ clips secure the pawls onto the pawl stands. Additionally, stainless steel nyloc nuts and a socket head cap screws secure all hook housing
- SINTERED/FUSED FRICTION MATERIAL: Directly attached to ratchet gear. Grooves in the friction material divert water from the friction surface during subsea operations.
- LOAD CHAIN: By BS EN818-7 Grade T(8).
- CORROSION PROTECTED: The complete brake mechanism is anti corrosion.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE WATERPROOF GREASE: Used throughout the hoist enhancing the corrosion protection.
- ADJUSTABLE TRAVELLING END STOP: The end stop allows positioning at any point along the slack section of the load chain. When the lever hoist is in a final rigged position, it is possible to position the traveling end stop next to the SS-L5 lever hoist body. Consequently, pay out of the chain for whatever reason when the lever hoist becomes operative again is prevented.
- OVERLOAD LIMITER: This is also available as an option upon request.
|Part Code||WLL, tonnes||No. of Falls||Load Chain, mm||Standard Lift, m||A, mm||B, mm||C, mm||D, mm||E, mm||H, mm||Nett Weight, kg||Extra Weight per M, kg|
|034.SS.083||0.8||1||5.6 X 15.7||3||146||119||42||245||27||280||6.9||0.7|
|034.SS.163||1.6||1||7.1 X 19.9||3||164||126||54.5||265||36||335||9.0||1.1|
|034.SS.323||3.2||1||10 X 28||3||196||159||60.5||415||42||395||17.0||2.2|
|034.SS.633||6.3||2||10 X 28||3||196||218||85.5||415||52.5||540||33.0||4.4|
|034.SS.1003||10.0||3||10 X 28||3||196||298||-||415||59||680||50.0||6.6|
|034.SS.1503||15.0||6||10 X 28||3||196||420||-||415||80||1000||90.0||13.2|
|034.SS.2003||20.0||8||10 X 28||3||196||480||-||415||80||1150||195.0||17.6|